Monday, January 19, 2009


Okay, I understand that I hardly ever blog. . .okay, closer to never than hardly, but after watching the new "How I Met Your Mother" episode tonight, I definitely need to share something with everyone. Not often does a sitcom bring me to tears--well if you don't count ROFL at "Two and a Half Men" or "Big Bang Theory"--but, "HIMYM" did it for me tonight.

It was one of those run of the mill wacky episodes where Marshall and Lily show us yet another one of their ludicrous, lovey dovey, quirky traditions--don't get me wrong, I'm a romantic, which is why I cried, it's just that it was so unexpected.

Agreeing that there is no need for Marshall to pick her up at the airport any longer, Lily is disappointed when she arrives and he isn't there. Marshall, remembering how things have changed and how they have become hum drum, surprises her with a musical welcome. (I don't want to spoil it for anyone by giving away the actual circumstances.)

I'm very partial to Airport scenes, having written so many into my books, but this one will be my number one! "HIMYM" writers you are great!

No comments: